Excited about your birth process, but not sure what step to take next? Then look no further than Burdett’s childbirth education classes! Our specially designed classes boast certified instructors and offer a forum like setting, designed for moms-to-be to ask questions and prepare themselves for birth and early months of motherhood.
You can access our 2016 childbirth education calendar right here, and you can also schedule and sign up for childbirth education classes’ right on the website. Classes meet at convenient times throughout the year and include:
- Childbirth Preparation Series: A 6-week series to prepare you for the birth of your baby both mentally and physically. Classes meet once a week and cover nutrition, birth preparation exercises, relaxation techniques and more.
- Marathon Childbirth: A one-day program to prepare you for the birth of your baby, perfect for those who can’t commit to the 6-week childbirth series. You also get to tour Burdett Care Center.
- Breastfeeding Basics Class: Taught by a certified lactation consultant, this class offers information on the benefits of breastfeeding and the nursing basics to help you get started.
- Breastfeeding Support Group (Day & Evening): Breastfeeding instruction and lactation support to nursing mothers before, during and after birth. Families are welcome to come with you.
- Back to Work/School/Life Program: A class to help moms adjust to pumping, feeding and child care as they transition back into their busy lives. Babies are welcome.
Our programs are taught by certified childbirth instructors, certified lactation consultants and health care professionals. Our classes help expectant families gain confidence as they prepare for the birth of their babies. If you would like to schedule a tour of our facilities at 2215 Burdett Ave in Troy, please call (518) 271-3100 for an appointment!
Already a Burdett class veteran? Which classes helped you the most as you transitioned into parenthood?